Assistance for BusinessesWith over 1000 Astoria businesses in its four business districts - Broadway, 30th Avenue, 36th Avenue and Steinway Street, Central Astoria LDC:
- Advocates for services and quality of life issues.
- Provides information to businesses regarding available business solutions programs.
- Provides various beautification elements to the districts: street cleaning flowers, trees, planters and storefront improvements. etc.
- Creates directories and brochures, of the community’s assets: dining, cafes, history, cultural events, shopping.
- Provides marketing/promotional events for all districts. .
Assistance for ResidentsTo prevent displacement of tenants and maintain and preserve decent housing for low and middle income individuals, Central Astoria's Housing and Benefits Assistance Program
- Provides assistance to individuals In person counseling and assistance to clients regarding Warranty of Habitability Laws, Housing Maintenance Codes, Rent Regulations, Rent Increases, Overcharges, Harassment, Housing Court, etc.
- Provides information and assistance in filing for benefits and subsidy assistance such as DRIE, SCRIE, HEAP, Lifeline, SCHE, DHE, STAR, EPIC, IT 203, Energyshare, Section 8, HEAP, IT214, food stamps, etc